mardi 4 février 2014

Stop What You're Doing And Read This !

Après une petite panne de lecture je me retrouve à parcourir des yeux les livres non lu dans ma bibliothèque et ai décidé d'écouter ce lire dont le titre est complètement explicite.
"Arrête ce que t'es en train de faire et lis-ça", "OK, faisons comme ça".
C'est en fait un recueil d'essai écrits par des personnalités évoluant dans le monde du livre qu'il soit auteur, éditeur ou président d'une association qui met à l'honneur la lecture à haute voix. Toutes ces personnes et chacun de nous a un rapport particulier et très personnel au livre et c'est ce dont ils parlent dans leur essai.

After a little reading slump I was looking at my shelves and decided to listen to the title of this book : "Stop what you're doing and read this" "All right then".
It is actually a collection of essaies written by personalities that are active in the book industry whether they are authors, publishers, or president of an association spreading the culture of reading out loud. All these people and every one of us has got a particular and very personal relation to the book and that what they wrote about in this book.




"This book aim to start a conversation about the future. As the ways people read, what they read, where they buy their books and in what format are all changing rapidly, this book argues unapologetically for the paramount importance of the books and reading in a fast-moving, dislocated, technology-obsessed world. This book, like every book is for you. Read on."


Celui-ci aussi j'ai du mal à en dire ce que j'en pense mais pas pour les mêmes raisons que le précédents, non, bien au contraire, ce livre c'est comme si c'était ton anniversaire à chaque fois que tu l'ouvres. J'ai été super triste de le finir et j'ai dormi avec tout le temps de ma lecture parce qu'il m'a aidé à garder espoir, à un moment où le monde du livre mute et où le livre tend à être quelque peu oublié au profit de l'informatique.
Alors oui, normal, j'en ai préféré certains à d'autres mais globalement c'est juste de l'or en barre et c'est une source d'inspiration infini. J'ai l'impression qu'il faudrait que je relise ce livre régulièrement comme une piqure de rappel. Je suis allée jusqu'à dormir avec pour que rien de tout cela ne me quitte. Alors fais-ce qu'on te dit, Arrête ce que tu fais et lis-ça !

I have problem to talk about this one too but not for the same reasons than the previous one. On the contrary, this book feels like it is your birthday every time you open it. I was really sad when I finished it and I slept with it while I was reading it because I think it just helped me to keep believing that, at a time when the book industry is changing and the book itself tend to be forgotten and replaced by tablets, I'm not the only one who still love to turn actual paper pages,
So yes, I preferred some than others but overall it's just pure gold and an infinite source of inspiration. I'm under the impression that I should re-read it frequently just as a reminder. I went as far as sleeping with it because I didn't wanted any of it to leave me. 
So do as you're told : Stop what you're doing and read this !

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire